Sunday, February 24, 2008

Joy




The word Joy to me means that any person or being who is currently satisfied with their present situation in life is joyous. It's a suttle feeling of satisfaction within that isn't obviously seen by the public but can be seen by close friends or family. It's not an excited or overly expressive feeling but you yourself know the that you are truly happy or content in your current situation. When im joyful i am in a certain mood where I feel pleased with my life at the time and its hard to bring my mood down or up because I'm at a point of satisfaction where I don't want to sway in mood. I chose the picture of Siddartha because in my mind he is one of the only people who truly reached a point of eternal satisfaction in his life. Through life experience and hardship Siddartha overcame the materialistic values of society and found a point of enlightenment. To me he is the definition of "joy" because he was at a constant state of peace with himself and thats what being joyous truly means to me.

No comments: